Collecting Personal Information
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold includes names, contact details and other information you voluntarily provide to us, complaint details and other information for our business functions and activities.
We may also collect sensitive information, such as relating to your enquiry.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We usually collect personal information directly from the relevant individual. We may collect your personal information when you communicate with us, such as when you:
1) make inquiries with us
2) contact us through our website or other social media directories.
3) make applications for prospective employment and contracting opportunities with us; or
Collection of personal information through our website will either be made clear from the context or we will state the your personal information is being collected.
In addition we may collect information through click tracking in relation to your use of our website including the content you access and any services you utilise
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information?
We collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information for the purposes of conducting our functions and business activities, including:
1) names and contact details, to provide our products and services to our customers and information and all services relating to our products and services;
2) names and contact details, to record information regarding products purchased from us and to provide further services to you, such as product warranties and guarantees, and repair or replacement of products;
3) names, contact details, transaction and experience information such as information on your purchase transactions and our communications with you, to assist in providing better products and services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs, to keep our websites and other online presence relevant and of interest to users, for direct marketing including promotions, newsletters and competitions, to show you advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests, and to carry out analysis of market activity, market research and surveys;
4) any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorise.
Collection from third party websites or directories
In some instances, we may collect personal information about individuals from third parties, such as external business directories.
Will we disclose personal information to anyone else?
We may disclose personal information to:
1) our related companies and affiliates;
2) third party contractors and providers of goods and services, such as courier and delivery companies, marketing and promotion companies, training and training certification agencies and business support services like storage and handling of documents and data, and information technology service providers;
3) insurance companies;
4) professional service firms providing services to us, such as legal or accountancy services;
5) as required by law, such as to regulatory agencies; and
6) any other recipient which is notified to you at the time of collection or that you otherwise authorised.
Advertising and third party links:
Dealing with us anonymously or using a pseudonym
You may deal with us on an anonymous basis or by using a pseudonym when making inquiries through our website or social media pages, or when you make general inquiries by telephone and do not require a further response from us. However, we may need certain contact details from you to respond to inquiries.
Generally, we will require your personal information in order to transact with you.
Storage, Access, Correction and Removal of your Personal Information
You can request to view or amend you personal information that you provide to us will be collected and held by or on behalf of us by email IT@tobingroup.co.nz
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
In accordance with the Privacy Act, if we do not agree to:
1) provide you with access to your personal information or to amend or annotate the information we hold about you, you may seek a review of our decision; or
2) make the requested changes to your personal information, you may make a statement about the requested changes and we will attach it to your record.
“Privacy Act” is a reference to each of the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) and any other applicable privacy laws in New Zealand